Qt strikes again

Robert Wheat belran at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 15 02:18:16 BST 2000

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, OS wrote:

> This says a lot for kdevelop, but this Qt issue is an oldie and a complete
> stumper. Without Qt everything just stops !
>
> No surprise, kdevelop just stops whenever it tries to find the Qt libraries.
> Once again there is no way of telling kdevelop where the Qt libraries are. Fine
> for Qt2, I can tell it where they are, but Qt noooooo !

I had a very similar problems months ago.  Nothing I did, flags, paths, Env Vars,
etc. would help 'CONFIGURE' find the QT libs.

After checking in the file 'configure.log' I found that the problem was really with
the X-Libs, not the QT libs, even though all the messages on the screen
complained about not finding the QT libs!

So...adding '--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib' to the command line fixed everything!

Just a hunch.....
Good Luck!

Bob Wheat
belran at worldnet.att.net