Kdevelop crash

W. Tasin tasin at e-technik.fh-muenchen.de
Mon Apr 10 17:03:41 BST 2000

Simon Derr wrote:

>         Hi, I'm developping a project using Kdevelop and in it's current
> state Kdevelop crashes when I run my program with the F9 key.
>
> Kdevelop coredumps and its last words are :
> EXEC:./trykplotQGList::locate: Index 1 out of range
> ASSERT: "s" in widgets/qmultilinedit.cpp (1853)
>
> (trykplot is the name of my project)
>
> I have the latest Kdevelop snapshot, but this occured also with my
> previous version that was one month old.
>
> When running in a xterm, the ouput of my program is (do not count ****):
>
> Caught unexpected Exception at top level : Standard library call
> failed(tcgetattr: Ioctl() inappropré pour un périphérique)
> Giving up.
>
> oops, pine has cut the second line, in fact there are only three lines,
> the first is empty, the second is Caught... until ) and the last "Giving
> up."
>
> If I comment out parts of my code to remove the second line (the long
> one), Kdevelop no longer crashes.
>
>         Simon.

Hi Simon,

I don't think that it would be a problem of KDevelop, but of your code
or of your system installation.

Did you change something of the basic standard libs on your system?

Maybe a reinstallation of the "proper" standard c/c++ libs would help,
but
I personally think it's (also) a problem of your code, because as you
already said:
"If I comment out...." ... and you are doing something grave which also
kills the parent processes (maybe calling a inaproppriate terminal
routine?).

Ciao

Walter
--
oohhh sveglia.... il mondo e' ammalato, ma x colpa di chi.........
(Zucchero)