Tabed control

Pita Leira Pablo - Z6B pablo.pitaleira at AXA-RoyaleBelge.be
Tue Sep 21 10:49:42 BST 1999

A popular installer in the Linux world is the rpm utility. Normally,
packages are distributed either in source or binaries in a rpm file. Of
course, you can give a simple tar file containing the files you are
distributing but then, no checks are done in the installation. A wish item
in kdevelop is the automation of generation of the rpm package for a
project. To automate that, some dialogs (and logic) have to be added. The
rpm command has plenty of options to install a package and there are already
graphical interfaces to it but the generation of the rpm package is still
done 'by hand'.

Concerning the mapping of messages, I am not strong in KDE development but I
hope this can give some light. KDE/kdevelop are based on Qt. The Qt library
uses the signal/slot mechanism to notify events. Then, there is no default
mapper to map windows message parameters to member functions within a class
as there are no default parameters as in VC++. Methods can emit a signal
which are catched by the slot functions. Users define their slot functions
and they connect those funcions to the signals that they define. There are
no message mapping mechanisms as in VC++ so the ClassWizard can not inlcude
them.

Cheers,

Pablo