Fwd: concerning to the "file management bug"

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Thu Sep 9 09:11:14 BST 1999

Hi,

Charles Boivin wrote:

> From:                   Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk at geocities.com>
>
> > Remember, there was a bug in the file management while programming
> > Customer projects. Sometimes files are suddenly doubled and that leads
> > to an non-consistent state.
>
> Did you mean Custom-projects?
Yes, I mean those ones.

> If so, I'd like to point out that it
> also happens in Qt-projects. Just yesterday, it happened to me
> VERY often in my (now rather large) project.
So I've found someone with the same problem at long last!

> I noticed it would automatically happen when I double-click on an
> error message (at the bottom of the screen) to get to the error in a
> given file. If that file is also accessed through the Class tree, then 2
> versions of that file would eventually appear in the Window List.
Exactly!

> > I compared the projects and find out that the only difference is that
> > the buggy project consists of self-made sub-directories, the second
> > project has got all files in the one and only sub-directory in the way
> > the wizard suggested it.
>
> That could very well be it. My Qt-project contains sub-directories
> that I have created myself.
The sub-directories case becomes very suspicious!

Who is that person who is responsible for the file management?

Is there anyone who's got similar experiences?

BTW: this bug is really driving me mad. If there was no fix in the next
KDevelop version, I will move to KDE studio.
--

Ciao,
--Falk