Fwd: concerning to the "file management bug"

Charles Boivin okeo at mindless.com
Fri Sep 3 17:40:51 BST 1999

From:           	Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk at geocities.com>

> Remember, there was a bug in the file management while programming
> Customer projects. Sometimes files are suddenly doubled and that leads
> to an non-consistent state.

Did you mean Custom-projects? If so, I'd like to point out that it
also happens in Qt-projects. Just yesterday, it happened to me
VERY often in my (now rather large) project.

I noticed it would automatically happen when I double-click on an
error message (at the bottom of the screen) to get to the error in a
given file. If that file is also accessed through the Class tree, then 2
versions of that file would eventually appear in the Window List.

> I compared the projects and find out that the only difference is that
> the buggy project consists of self-made sub-directories, the second
> project has got all files in the one and only sub-directory in the way
> the wizard suggested it.

That could very well be it. My Qt-project contains sub-directories
that I have created myself.

> Maybe that's an evidence for the bug.

Let's hope this can be fixed, soon. It is getting very annoying.

Charles Boivin
Graduate Student, Mechanical Engineering
University of British Columbia