One more suggestion about ClassView

Carlo Sirna carlo.sirna at digisoft.it
Thu Sep 2 09:51:09 BST 1999

> > Christian
> It would be even better if you´d put public, protected and private member
> functions and the variables into a separate sub tree each.
> (maybe make this configurable?)

You gave me another idea!
 It would be GREAT to be allowed to put in the source code some special
 comments, like these

class MyClass
{

   // SECTION("User Interaction", "These functions are fired in response to
user interaction with the widget")
      virtual void onEntering();   // TIP("Fired when widget gets input
focus")
      virtual void onKey(); // TIP("Fired on key press events")
   // ENDSECTION
   // SECTION ("Widget rendering", "on screen drawing procedures and
options)
     virtual void Paint(); // TIP("Performs actual rendering");
     void SetBkgColor(TColor t); // TIP("Set background color")
  // ENDSECTION
}

This should allow to build a ClassView tree like this

class myclass
   |- User Interaction
   |    |-onEntering()
   |    |-onKey()
   |-Widget Rendering
        |-Paint()
        |-SetBkgColor()

I wish that sections could be also nested (this is why I proposed used a
begin/end structure).

While I was writing I had another Idea: inserting in the code some tooltips
(sorry for the windows slang, but I am still not experienced with linux GUI
programming...) to be showed when mouse cursor moves on an item of the
tree...
This is why the SECTION keyword has 2 arguments: the second is the tooltip.

but (forget tooltips) being allowed to define some grouping for the members
it would be incredibly useful... especially with classes containing tenths
of members.

C'mon guys...Keep on coding, you are doing great :-)