Integration of kuml in kdevelop

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Oct 19 20:21:04 BST 1999

On Tue, 19 Oct 1999 you wrote:
> Sandy Meier wrote:
>
> I don't understand the reference you make to Plugininterface : I guess
> it is the Kom pluginterface ?
> I've cheched the snapshot of kdevelop of 15st october and this was the
> only reference to a plugin interface I've found. I suppose this can only be used with
> kdevelop linked to KDE2.
>
> Is there any example of an app that uses this kind of interface or this
> is a brand new feature ?

The plugin interface is a new feature (unfinished) in the HEAD branch and the
first version will be based on shared libs (dynamic loaded). Unfortunaly
programming for CORBA/KOM is very complicated and slow at the moment. :-(

Ciao!
Sandy

a minimal plugin could look like this:

//PrjStatPlugin is derived from KDevPlugin which contains the most important
//pointers to instances of KDevelop and some information strings like "name",
//"version" for the pluginmanager

extern "C" {
  PrjStatPlugin* create();
}

PrjStatPlugin* create(){
  return(new PrjStatPlugin());
}

PrjStatPlugin::PrjStatPlugin(){
    name = i18n("Project Statistic Plugin (example)");
    email = i18n("kdevelop-team at barney.cs.uni-potsdam.de");
    author = i18n("KDevelop Team");
    version = i18n("v0.1");
    homepage = i18n("http://www.kdevelop.org");
    copyright = i18n("(C) 1999, published under GPL");
    description = i18n("This plugin display some information about the current\n project.");
}

void PrjStatPlugin::start(){
  KDevPlugin::start();
  plugin_menu->insertItem( "PrjStatPlugin...", this, SLOT( slotMenuActivate));
);

void PrjStatPlugin::stop(){
 KDevPlugin::stop();
 plugin_menu->removeItem(....);
}

void PrjStatPlugin::slotMenuActivated() {
	QMessageBox::information( kdev, "Test1", "test2" );
}