This file management bug still sucks like hell

Holger Knust hknust at adelphia.net
Tue Oct 19 14:19:18 BST 1999

At 09:30 PM 10/18/99 +0200, you wrote:

>Giving kedevelop a break for a couple of weeks I have to realize that the
>filemanagement bug as described plenty of times on this list still sucks. The
>snapshot (1.0 branch) from the 13th October still duplicates the source files
>when addressing them via the compiler error log. I applied all patches
>discussed earlier by Bernd Gehrmann. No success. My files keep on duplicating.
>I really wonder if Kdevelop ever reaches maturity... isnĀ“t it supposed to
>be in
>the KDE 2.0 distribution? But please not with those fundamental bugs!

Oliver,

I know I am asking for trouble here, but let's do it anyway. After reading
your message, I created a test project with an erroneous file and a correct
one, compiled both and then clicked on the error message to find the error.
No file duplication, no other problems. I was using the same snapshot. So
in order to rope the problem in, maybe you can provide a better description
of how to reproduce it.

Holger