Integration of kuml in kdevelop

p_george p_george at club-internet.fr
Sun Oct 17 13:30:12 BST 1999

I've tried the first snapshot of kuml. I had some strange inconstancies
when editing 'kuml.kdevprj', but manually editing Makefiles made it
compile.

I would like to know if you plan to integrate kuml in kdevelop. If yes,
I think it should be inserted the way kwrite code is, in order to allow
kuml to interact with the C++ parser of kdevelop through CClassStore for
example. It is also necessary if we would like to add classes, methods
and so on from kuml. I don't know if there is a trivial way to make
communication from kdevelop and other applications, except inserting the
code inside kdevelop itself.

I don't think kuml will be useful if made a swallowed application like
kpaint or ktranslator.

Of course to integrate kuml inside kdevelop will bind it to C++ and make
it less customizable to other languages, until kdevelop parses them, but
it may be a good idea to have a reasonable goal to achieve at a first
time.