Java Support

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Oct 13 23:21:22 BST 1999

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 Roberto Alsina wrote:
>Just curious: what's a good place to look if I wanted to add
>support for C GUI programming to kdevelop?
>
>Dialog editor's code generation is one thing that comes to mind.

Are you talking about GraphApp? The best place to look is at
the .kdevdlg files. Then write a Perl script that reads them
in and generates source :-) Seriously. I think we should get
rid of the source generation in KDevelop. It bloats the binary,
is harder than necessary to maintain, and not extensible. In
the long run (i.e. when the Qt Builder stuff gets into a public
release of Qt) it is probably advisable to switch to Qt's
XML format for dialogs anyway. This will also allow it to integrate
custom widgets in an easy way.

Bernd