Java Support

Roberto Alsina ralsina at unl.edu.ar
Thu Oct 14 06:44:40 BST 1999

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Bernd Gehrmann wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 Roberto Alsina wrote:
> >Just curious: what's a good place to look if I wanted to add
> >support for C GUI programming to kdevelop?
> >
> >Dialog editor's code generation is one thing that comes to mind.
>
> Are you talking about GraphApp?

Yup :-)

> The best place to look is at
> the .kdevdlg files. Then write a Perl script that reads them
> in and generates source :-)

Funny I started doing almost that last night :-)
I use python, though.

> Seriously. I think we should get
> rid of the source generation in KDevelop. It bloats the binary,
> is harder than necessary to maintain, and not extensible. In
> the long run (i.e. when the Qt Builder stuff gets into a public
> release of Qt) it is probably advisable to switch to Qt's
> XML format for dialogs anyway. This will also allow it to integrate
> custom widgets in an easy way.

Sounds reasonable.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
                                KDE Developer (MFCH)
Not mad, but bound more than a madman is (Romeo and Juliet, Act I Scene II)