SUGGESTION: Bookmarks are all wrong! Gone horribly wrong.(long rant)

Christian Couder chcouder at club-internet.fr
Tue Nov 30 17:24:04 GMT 1999

Daniel Beckham wrote:

> I like the patch that Roland Schäfer wrote that shows bookmarks in a left
> hand gutter columns, but the entire way that bookmarks are implemented in
> kdevelop are all wrong to begin with.  I don't think they work and they
> aren't easy to use... I don't even bother because it's faster for me to
> page up/page down until I find my place, instead of having to go to a menu
> option, pick the view and then try to figure out which line I'm looking
> for...  all wrong.

I agree, but the patch Roland and I made was just a first step and by releasing
it we discovered that JBB had already done the same thing in his debugger
patch.
So now we are working to make both patch compatible.

And Roland already made improvement to our patch to enable clicks in the gutter
to set and remove bookmarks. (If you want to test it, ask him, he will send you
the patch.) We also planed to implement "Next Bookmark" and "Previous Bookmark"
features. We just had not enought time to do it.

Thanks for your suggestion anyway, we will take it into account.

Bye,
Christian.