kdevelop-1.0beta4.1 won't install

Neil Murray murrayn at westelcom.com
Sun Nov 28 17:27:55 GMT 1999

I have been unable to install kdevelop-1.0beta4.1 on my i586 computer
running under RedHat Linux 5.2. I get the following error message from
configure: "configure: error: Qt (>=1.42 and < 2.0) (libraries) not
found. Please check your installation!" I have set up my bash profile as
described in INSTALL, and I have run ldconfig on the Qt library
directory. I have tried installing both the generic tar version of
kdevelop-1.0beta4.1 and the rpm version. I have used both Qt 1.42 and Qt
1.44. I don't believe the problem is with Qt because I also upgraded
from KDE 1.1.1 to KDE 1.1.2 and got no complaints from configure. I made
the KDE upgrade because 1.1.1 wiped out the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable I set in my bash profile.
I will appreciate any suggestions you have. I enjoy KDE and Qt, and I am
eager to try programming with them with an IDE more user-friendly than
Emacs.