kdevelop-1.0beta4.1 won't install

Christoph Schönfeld Christoph.Schoenfeld at mni.fh-giessen.de
Mon Nov 29 18:25:57 GMT 1999

Check the config.log file. It contains more details about the reason for
the error. The problem is that you probably didn´t compile Qt and KDE
with the same compiler. I had the same problem and solved it by
compiling Qt and KDE myself.
But be careful with the installation path for Qt! After re-compiling Qt
and installing it in /usr/lib/qt, it still wouldn´t work for me
because I still had an old SuSE-provided Qt version laying around in
/usr/lib/libqt.so.1.44. Since /usr/lib is checked before LD_LIBRARY_PATH
the linker always found the wrong version of library (with the right
name ;). So you have to deinstall any old versions of Qt before you
install it (at least make sure they don´t conflict with your new one).

hope this solves your problem!

greetings,
Christoph