KDElibs docu generation with kdevelop setup fails

Andreas Feldner pelzi at arm1.internal.flying-snail.de
Wed Nov 3 23:36:47 GMT 1999

I installed the KDE 1.1.2 update for SuSE 6.1/AXP. This comes with
KDevelop 1.0 Beta 2; previously I had installed KDevelop 0.4.

On first start-up, it switched into --setup mode, found all tools
(except 'gmake') (esp. found KDoc and related stuff), found Qt, then
asked me about my KDElibs sources. I have the sources installed on
/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/kdelibs-1.1.1/, which is what I type into the
upper writable field and click on OK (if I mis-type something, an error
box pops up immediately saying there are no KDElibs at that place). It
says it's generating documentation which takes a suspiciously short
period of time (about 2 seconds), then it asks about indexing
information. If I leave KDE Docs ticked here, I get an error that the
path to the KDE docu isn't correctly set. Huh! The docu should have been
created at that (whatever) path a second ago, not? BTW, the directory
exists, but KDoc simply doesn't put anything in there. What's the
reason? Okay, I was cheating because I'm using KDE 1.1.2, but have only
sources for 1.1.1, but surely that can't be the reason? I also started
kdevelop --setup from a terminal window to see if it would throw any
messages to stderr, but nothing to see there! Any advice?

Andreas.

--
== Fichtestr. 33 = 95445 Bayreuth = Germany == (0)921/4 74 63 ==