help for KDevelop

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Wed Nov 3 20:41:04 GMT 1999

On Wed, 03 Nov 1999 Jean-Paul Miniscloux wrote:

>In the declarations to the beginning of the unity, I have inform:
># include</usr/include/mysql/mysql.h>
>
>Of more the complete path of "mysql.h" is definite in the PATH of Linux. mysql.h is in                  /usr/include/mysql.

PATH is the search path for executables and has nothing to do with include
files. You _can_ use INCLUDES for setting a search path, but in general this
is not a good idea, because it is system-dependent. Anyway, /usr/include is
always searched for include files, so you can simple write

  #include <mysql/mysql.h>

So far for the compiler part. You must also tell the linker to link with the
libraries you want. I don't know which these are in your case, but probably
you have to link with libmysql.so or similar (look in /usr/lib for it). In
that case, you must use -lmysql as a linker option.

Bernd.