problems with custom projects in KDevelop

Arandir arandir at meer.net
Wed Jun 30 02:40:41 BST 1999

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Falk Brettschneider wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2 problems:
> ========
> 1.) Usually I´m using custom-projects. But I dislike that KDevelop ever
> needs a sub-directory located in the project directory and called just
> as it's project name. KDevelop forces me to store the root Makefile and
> the binaries there.

I don't know the reason for this behavior, but it is not limited to KDevelop.
Most packages I have download have a subdirectory with the source code, with
the main directory containing the Makefiles, etc.

> Is it planned for the 0.5 version to improve that? I would like to store
> my makefile in the project root directory and I want the other files to
> store whereever *I* want.

Customization of what directories are used would be a good thing for those with
specialized. I'm still waiting for sub-project support :-)

> Also, it would be fine, If I had no ambiguous filenames like Makefile
> and so on. So it would be possible to have several projects in one
> directory...

"Makefile" is the standard name for makefiles. Decades of tradition will defend
that name. Sorry, but I'm afraid you're going to be out of luck for that one.

--
Arandir...