problems with custom projects in KDevelop

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Tue Jun 29 07:58:31 BST 1999

Hi,

2 problems:
========
1.) Usually I´m using custom-projects. But I dislike that KDevelop ever
needs a sub-directory located in the project directory and called just
as it's project name. KDevelop forces me to store the root Makefile and
the binaries there.

(For example, if I have got a project called "./MyProject", it needs a
sub-directory "./MyProject/myproject" which has to contain the Makefile
and has to be the target directory, otherwise, if I click the Compile
and Run button, I get an error message that KDevelop doesn't find
anything.)

Is it planned for the 0.5 version to improve that? I would like to store
my makefile in the project root directory and I want the other files to
store whereever *I* want.
Also, it would be fine, If I had no ambiguous filenames like Makefile
and so on. So it would be possible to have several projects in one
directory...

2.) Furthermore I want to know, is that custom-project-file-cache-bug
fixed in 0.5? Remember, often there are suddenly 2 versions of the same
.cpp file (old and new version) which overwrite each other and confuse
the compiler and the class tree view!

Tschüs,
--Falk