feature tips and small bugs.

Bernd Gehrmann bernd at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 18 14:48:38 BST 1999

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Markus Gustavsson wrote:
> I was thinking about the CVS integration, I know you've been looking at it, and planned to
> integrate CVS supp. What I've been thinking about is the xxxx.kdevprj file. It seems like
> KDevelop always open and rewrite that file every time KDevelop is used, even if there aren't
> made any changes to other files than a couple of sources.. This could really cause problems
> if several people works at the same CVS based proj using KDevelop since there will be changes
> to the kdevprj file on everybodys computers and the CVS might flip?

Flip? What do you mean?

> Does this mean that it
> isn't possible for two people to use KDevelop at the same project and work at the `same time'
> with two different kdevprj's ?

If you put the project file into cvs, then everybody gets the one that
was commited the last time. If you want everybody to have his own, either
don't put it in the cvs or don't commit modified versions.

Of course, the ultimate solution wrt project files would be not to put
redundant information into a project file which is in the Makefile.am
anyway. This would require a makefile parser (which would at the same
time solve the problem of importing projects). Not trivial to write, but
not too difficult. It's just that someone has to write it :-)

Bernd.