feature tips and small bugs.

Markus Gustavsson mighty at fragzone.se
Fri Jun 18 13:15:32 BST 1999

Hello.

Tip:

When adding a new class, there should be an easy way do define into what dir the class.cpp
and class.h should go, as it's now they go into prog/prog/class.cpp/h and one have to remove
them from project, move them manually (to whatever subdir one has in there) and then add
them to the project from inside there again. So, an additional line in New Class Dialog,,
why not a simple dropdown menu with def opt `Topdir' and the existing subdirs as options.

(I'm recompiling the CVS every day and it's pretty boring to wait, Couldn't you add a small
 --jobs <num> in the ./configure script opts which put's a small "-j <num>" in all of the sub
 makefile's makeflags (I'm really sorry for this lame question, sorry). )

Bug:

The CV has some problems parsing more advanced datatypes, I noticed that char *yo[10], for
example, shows up like nothing but char *yo[, in the CV, it doesn't show all of the decl.

Bug / Tip:

This isn't really a bug, more like a not-yet-fully-implemented-feature, it's about all of
the dropdown menues in the CV.. When one Save's a changed header (It doesn't do the same
when saving a Cxx file cause of some reason), all of the dropdown stuff in the CV goes up
into the main menues, everything closes up.. and one have to reopen and relocate the place
were one was before saving, couldn't you add some small class that rememver `what was open?'
before a Save, and reopen / rebuild the open and closed classes in the CV, after the save.

Question:

I was thinking about the CVS integration, I know you've been looking at it, and planned to
integrate CVS supp. What I've been thinking about is the xxxx.kdevprj file. It seems like
KDevelop always open and rewrite that file every time KDevelop is used, even if there aren't
made any changes to other files than a couple of sources.. This could really cause problems
if several people works at the same CVS based proj using KDevelop since there will be changes
to the kdevprj file on everybodys computers and the CVS might flip? Does this mean that it
isn't possible for two people to use KDevelop at the same project and work at the `same time'
with two different kdevprj's ? Have you thought about this? Can it be solved in a easy way?

	( ^ Sorry if that question only came up cause of my too small knowlegdge in the CVS.)

--
                                   __   _
Markus Gustavsson                 / /  (_)__  __ ____  __