Bugs with SGML / Documentation

philipp.mueller at infineon.com philipp.mueller at infineon.com
Tue Jun 15 12:16:58 BST 1999

Hi,

I think if SGML (nsgml) is not installed, KDevelop 0.4 does not react correctly.
I use Suse 6.1, KDE 1.1., egcs 1.1.

After compiling and installing kdevelop runs correctly. But I forgot to install the SGML rpms for nsgml. At Suse the rpms are called sv and sv_libs, as I found later.

Without these rpms kdevelop behaves like following:
- The Documentation for KDE cannot be generated, but kdevelop doesn't display that the rpms are missing as the reason. Neither in the setup, nor if I click on the KDE documentation in the DOC-tree. If I click in the DOC-tree on a topic of KDE documentation, kdevelop asks, to install them. If I agree and make the necessary input, kdevelop work a short time but do not display any error messages, that it cannot build them.
- When I use the Setup to "generate" the KDE documentation, nothing happens.
- When I try to generate the project handbook, KDE tries to generate them, but sure, nothing happens.
- If I try to generate the project documentation, kdevelop tries to generate them. In the compiling information, kdevelop first displays an error, but finally displays a "success". If I then click on the error-message, kdevelop CRASHES.

- If only the sv.rpm is installed, but not the sv_libs.rpm, kdevelop behaves nearly the same.

I think, in general, most times when in this list the people asked, why the documentation cannot be generated, the reason is, because these rpms are missing (nsgml is not in the sgmltools.rpm). So kdevelop should check in every mentioned case, if the missing programs are installed.

Maybe this helps, and thanks for the great work.

Philipp Müller