integration of qt-tmake-projects

Frédérik Bilhaut bilhaut_f at mail.cpod.fr
Sat Jun 12 21:46:13 BST 1999

> Hi Frededrik,
>
> I have seen the screenshots already and I think it would be very useful.
> The thing for contribution is that the integration of tmake will require
> a lot of changes, otherwise this would have been done already.  Those
> changes are mainly the project management, with effects on
> file-generation of the dialogeditor as well. As (at least I think so)
> KDevelop 0.5 will contain support for multiple targets and tmake
> supports this as well, we have to work out the multiple targets first;
> then we'll adapt the project management for tmake projects which will
> then be capable of multiple targets as well. I think then it hits the
> point where we would need the already existing code of your tmake
> project and it would help a lot ! ;-)

I thought you just planned to include tmake files in read mode. In fact,
I think tmake isn't very useful anymore since everybody switched to
configure scripts. So it may be intersesting for KDevelop to be able to
import .pro files, and not to generate them. It could just be a little
script that reads a .pro file and generates equivalent .kdevprj file and
configure script. (and maybe directory structure). I would write this
very quickly, making able to port tmake project to kdevelop projects
asap. Don't you think so?

--
* FREDERIK BILHAUT
* bilhaut_f at mail.cpod.fr