integration of qt-tmake-projects

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jun 12 09:42:22 BST 1999

Frédérik Bilhaut wrote:
> Hello!
>
>   As I told before on this mailing list, I wrote once upon a time a very
> little KDE program to manage tmake files.
> So if you plan to integrate .pro files support in KDevelop, I would be
> happy to make a (very) small contribution to your project, developping
> the tmake-related code. Would this help a little?

Hi Frededrik,

I have seen the screenshots already and I think it would be very useful.
The thing for contribution is that the integration of tmake will require
a lot of changes, otherwise this would have been done already.  Those
changes are mainly the project management, with effects on
file-generation of the dialogeditor as well. As (at least I think so)
KDevelop 0.5 will contain support for multiple targets and tmake
supports this as well, we have to work out the multiple targets first;
then we'll adapt the project management for tmake projects which will
then be capable of multiple targets as well. I think then it hits the
point where we would need the already existing code of your tmake
project and it would help a lot ! ;-)

As a roadmap, I think we could work this out within 1-2 month, so stay
tuned ! ;-)

Regards,

Ralf