custom projects with cvs version

Stefan Mars mars at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jun 5 18:53:43 BST 1999

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Ralf Nolden wrote:

> Besides all these discussions, the custom project was intended for those
> guys who requested that KDevelop shouldn't write into their Makefiles...

Well, that's a reason I guess

> Also, as Make can be still invoked if the project contains its own
> configure and Makefiles, where is the problem ? You only have to edit
> the Makefile.am's as you would have to do anyway without KDevelop.

No, I have to scratchwrite them all. The only thing kdevelop generated was
a completly empty configure.in. No Makefile.am's or anything like that.

Sure I can do that, but it does not feel like the "ide" way. An ide is
there to integrate tools and help the programmer/user, and I be damned if
compiling is not part of that. If people doesn't want kdevelop to touch
their makefiles, then that should be a project _option_.

/Stefan
mars at lysator.liu.se