custom projects with cvs version

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Jun 5 17:28:30 BST 1999

Stefan Mars wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Eugene Smith wrote:
>
> > Yes, nothing more than multi-window editor with tree class view, integrated
> > debugging, context help and other features which make life easier ... However,
> > I think that it would be nice to have a minimal makefile management ( eg.
> > generating a minimal makefile and inserting couple of standard strings for each
> > added class ) even for custom project
>
> Heh :) Oh sure there are features not normaly available in a editor, but
> it lacks one thing that I consider being required by an ide, and that is
> makefile management. It doesn't have to be much, I can see points about
> "custom projects", but at least a project should be able to be compiled
> from the ide without worrying about the makefile.
>
> Another option would be to redesign the appwizard so that other targets
> can easily be added. Right now there are Kde normal/mini, Qt, and custom
> (all taken from memory, hope I didn't miss one). But I can think of
> others.. gtk, X, GGI, OpenGL etc.
>
> /Stefan
> mars at lysator.liu.se

Besides all these discussions, the custom project was intended for those
guys who requested that KDevelop shouldn't write into their Makefiles...
Also, as Make can be still invoked if the project contains its own
configure and Makefiles, where is the problem ? You only have to edit
the Makefile.am's as you would have to do anyway without KDevelop.

Ralf