custom projects with cvs version

Stefan Mars mars at lysator.liu.se
Sat Jun 5 14:52:45 BST 1999

On Sat, 5 Jun 1999, Eugene Smith wrote:

> Yes, nothing more than multi-window editor with tree class view, integrated
> debugging, context help and other features which make life easier ... However,
> I think that it would be nice to have a minimal makefile management ( eg.
> generating a minimal makefile and inserting couple of standard strings for each
> added class ) even for custom project

Heh :) Oh sure there are features not normaly available in a editor, but
it lacks one thing that I consider being required by an ide, and that is
makefile management. It doesn't have to be much, I can see points about
"custom projects", but at least a project should be able to be compiled
from the ide without worrying about the makefile.

Another option would be to redesign the appwizard so that other targets
can easily be added. Right now there are Kde normal/mini, Qt, and custom
(all taken from memory, hope I didn't miss one). But I can think of
others.. gtk, X, GGI, OpenGL etc.

/Stefan
mars at lysator.liu.se