KDevelop Documentation

Ralf Nolden Ralf.Nolden at post.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Jul 1 12:32:03 BST 1999

"M.J. Stoutjesdijk" wrote:

> I realize that the English docs are just about done, apart from the
> corrections. There is one thing I would love to see in there, though. It
> concerns slots, so it's mainly a Qt-thing...
> If I design a configuration dialog as a seperate class (with the dialog
> editor), how do I manage the slots? In other words, maybe a paragraph or so
> about the way a project should handle the events generated in the
> dialogs/widgets.
I'm about to write a tutorial as well containing explanations how to
build the Qt tutorials with KDevelop based on a hint I gave once on the
mailinglist and is already in CVS. Another book is usage of the KDElibs
by the classes, e.g. what classes do I need for menus etc.  I will as
well include a better explanation about SGML (linuxdoc and DocBook when
I get to use that- it's not hard to write SGML but almost impossible to
find infos about the formatting possibilities) and the dialogs
signal/slot implementation because the handbooks get translated, Qt-docs
are only available in English.

> Finally, I just want to say that the manual as it is looks great, and that
> in general I'm really happy that a package as good as kDevelop exists for
> linux/unix!

Thanks- has been a LOT of work, beleive me ! ;-) but it seems it's been
worth doing it.

Ralf