Namespaces again. Sorry guys.

Dmitry Semenov hatter at chollian.net
Wed Dec 29 01:27:45 GMT 1999

Hi
Please let me know about problem with namespace parsing. Does anyone work to
fix it? I lost one of the best kdevelop features.
That is class viewer. Please let me introduce some my ideas about.
Data viewing should (IMHO) be organized in the tree like following:

Level 1->Namespaces->
Level 2->---------------------Data types: Classes and structures, unions
Level 3->-------------------------------Data types and function declaration
and definition
Level 3->-------------------------------objects

Why?
1. IMHO Namespaces almost designed (at least by Stroustrup) for adding
modules conception in to the C++
2. Classes and structures are completely the same substance. Unions also are
just special case of structure. So it makes inconvenience existing dividing.
I (IMHO not only) often use structure with constructor and sometimes
destructor because it makes more safe data initialization.
3. Actually function should be on the same level as classes and may be the
good idea is to sort it depending on arguments. Often functions (operators)
with class objects, as parameters are utility for such class.
4. From data type definition is very good idea to have possibility to find
all objects such data type.

Best regards, Dmitry Semenov