installation diappointment

Ken Brakey brakeykr at poncacity.net
Tue Dec 28 15:41:38 GMT 1999

I'm SORRY! My answer was seemingly so flipant!
It was meant to be toungue-in-cheek. :-)

There is a SETUP for the installation of KDevelop. I was wondering if we could
convince
the Authors to break out THAT portion of the program and make it free-standing
help in the system setup for KDevelop to check for ALL libraries and ancillary
to be
intact and operating with correct versions.
It is made MORE confusing by having to have TWO libjpeg libraries libjpeg.so.6
and
libjpeg.so.62, check those! I don't recall if the versions are included in the
requirements
page, if not, I think there a few newer versions that don't work. I would look
at mine
but I broke it trying to install a (NEW & IMPROVED) compiler gcc-2.95.2, I got
so
exasperated I just reformatted my system, now in the process of rebuilding it.
Ken