somehow OT

Mr. Data mr.data at nikocity.de
Fri Dec 17 19:48:59 GMT 1999

Hi,
sorry if this is OT.
I started KIconedit from within KDevelop to paint some icons.
But it seems, that there is no reasonable way to work with this tool.
It just shows a very strange behaviour (see error description below).
I have installed version 0.3.0-1. Therefore I checked several ftp
sites for a stable version. The "latest" version I could find, was
0.3.2 (somewhere under "unstable", dated to 1998).
My questions:
- Is someone out there, who is able to work with this tool?
- Did someone run into the same error like me?
- Is there a stable version of KIconedit?
- If there isn´t a halfway reliable version, why does KDevelop
support this tool?

It would be really nice, if someone could make time for a short
answer. Bye M.D.

Error description (not easy in this case):

After I work for a while with KIconedit, a dialog appears.
"Warning: QPainter::begin: Another painter is already painting this
device...." I click "abort". But this doesn´t close the dialog.
Another dialog appears: "Warning: QPainter::setPen: Will be reset
by begin()"->abort->next dialog:"ASSERT: c<nCols" in
widgets/qtableview.cpp(1629)"->abort->and so on...
After a while, half the desktop is covered by the taskbar, because
none of the dialogs can be close.
Sometimes I mustn´t press "abort". Then the dialogs appear "without
my help", the taskbar grows and grows.....