What is going on ?

Roland Paul Knall rknall at cosy.sbg.ac.at
Thu Dec 9 14:26:27 GMT 1999

Hi everybody

We could discuss this subject 'til "bluemoon rising", it does not take us
any further. Of course RH6.1 is not the non-plus-ultra distribution, but
it is a sense of personal taste, which distribution you use. For me SUSE
is much more useless, because the configuration files are lying somewhere
you would not search for. That is my personal opinion, and not a unique
sentence for everyone.
To go deeper into discussion: RH6.1 makes the only correct thing.
Everything, inlcuding GNOME lies under /usr. Thats "pseudo"standard. You
won't get any troubles if you keep this in mind, and set the KDE path
before installation of a new KDE. Furthermore, I never was in need to
backup KDE. If so, just backup /usr/share. That is were all KDE
configurations have their place. All the rest can be done by a simple
reinstall. Of course, compiling takes its time, but reinstalling Win98
takes more.

So stop this useless discussion: My distro is better than yours. We are
not five years old, and we should know that personal taste is something
that makes us individuals.

CU Roland