giflib30 problem with kdevelop 1.0 Beta4

Robert Newton newtonr at cadvision.com
Tue Dec 7 09:45:17 GMT 1999

> hi
> i have a Redhat 5.2 with KDE 1.1.2.
> when i execute ./configure for Kdevelop1.0 Beta4, the configure script says me :
>
>>checking for KDE libraries installed... yes
>>done
>>checking for giflib... configure: error: You need giflib30. Please install the
> kdesupport package

As the previous person who was helped with this problem I will repeat
the advise that was given to me (It worked perfectly for me). Download
the source for kdesupport and compile and install it. This will add
the missing libraries (and possibly mess up some other things on your
system although so far I have not noted a problem).

rob