giflib30 problem with kdevelop 1.0 Beta4

pierre.monlong at free.fr pierre.monlong at free.fr
Tue Dec 7 11:21:49 GMT 1999

hi
i have a Redhat 5.2 with KDE 1.1.2.
when i execute ./configure for Kdevelop1.0 Beta4, the configure script says me :

>checking for KDE libraries installed... yes
>done
>checking for giflib... configure: error: You need giflib30. Please install the
kdesupport package

the output of the config.log is :

configure:4581: checking for giflib
configure:4605: g++ -o conftest -O2 -Wall  -s conftest.C -L/opt/kde/lib
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgif -lX11  1>&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open -lgif: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 4588 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
int GifLastError(void);
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */

int main() {
return GifLastError();
; return 0; }

I have installed the kdesupport (for rh5.X) package but the version that i have
doesn't include the giflib and jpeglib.

How can i do for installing kdevelop?

Thank

Pierre