Can't build KDevelop

ian.wakeling at KnightFisk.com ian.wakeling at KnightFisk.com
Fri Aug 27 09:24:07 BST 1999

I'm a complete newbie to linux, so my problem may seem stupid, but it's got
me stumped!

I'm trying to install KDevelop 1.0beta1 on Redhat 6.0.

./Configure runs fine, but when I try to run make, I get an error about a
missing perl script "am-edit" (it may have been "am_edit", I can't
remember).

I have got KDE 1.1.1 installed as well as Perl 5.005. As far as I know I
also have all the development packages installed.

I have done a search for a file of that name, and sure enough, it doesn't
exist.

Where should it be and where should I get it from?

Thanks for your help,

Ian