big big bug in the file management

Falk Brettschneider gigafalk at geocities.com
Thu Aug 19 15:28:08 BST 1999

Do I have found a case when the bug appears?:

In a customer project:
- A few files must be loaded (If you click "Windows" in the main menue,
there have to be a few files)
- Avoid to show the file which we want to "double" in the source widget
(or in the header widget) of KDevelop
===> So to speak, that file must be invisible.

-> Now recompile the whole project in that way that there are warnings
or errors in the file we want to double.
-> And after that: Click at the warning message in the "Message" tab of
the "output" widget.
Then KDevelop jumps to the error in the source (or header) file. The
file will now be shown in the source (or header) widget.

AND THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE GOT THAT DOUBLE EFFECT.
Look in the "Window" list of the main menue to check this out.
Now the problem begins when I make changes in one of the two version but
not that one which the compiler prefers. The worst case is when I
overwrite such a new version with the old version of that file.

P.S.: Often I get this doubling effect but I suppose this happens not
every time.

--

Ciao,
--Falk