Antwort: AW: Having problems getting KDevelop 1.0 ./configured on SuSE6.2

ck at rib.de ck at rib.de
Wed Aug 18 10:02:35 BST 1999

>> Take a look at config.log, there you see in more detail what's wrong or
>> just send an output of config.log to the mailing list

Here is a description of the progress I made last night:

(1) I checked the Qt version and I really had Qt2.00 installed on my box.
So I made the adjustment in configure.in (something like kdeqtver(1)) and
changed it to 2. This got me past the version bug.
(2) The next problem was a linking problem. I did a "locate libXext" on my
machine, found the lib in /usr/X11R6/lib and added
--with-extra-libs=/usr/X11R6/lib to the ./configure call. This got me
behind that problem.
(3) Now I get a lot of unresolved externals with all kinds of Qt methods
when configure tries to link the small KDE program. I'm stuck there. Any
ideas?!

One idea that came to me was that maybe somehow the 1.44 and the 2.00
version got mixed up, so I uninstalled Qt1.44, but that did not help.
(Instead it broke KEdit, so I had to reinstall it again.)

Carsten

PS: My background is Windows NT / C++ programming, but I'm a beginner when
it comes to configuring a Unix box.
PPS: I've heard that a major US backbone is currently down. Maybe that's
the source of e-mail in quadruplicate.