"The KDE-Documentation-Path isn't set correctly." + assorted whinings

Sandy Meier smeier at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Tue Aug 10 19:54:24 BST 1999

On Tue, 10 Aug 1999 you wrote:

> Then I ran kdevelop --setup and all went
> well (all the progies - sgml, kdoc etc. were identified).
> I pointed the install program to the above dir where
> asked for  "the new KDE libs source path".
> then I choose installation mode "leave current documentation
> untouched, and install to new documentation path".
> Then I specified "/opt/kde/share/apps/kdevelop/KDE-Documentation/"
> as the new documentation path.
>

> bottom line :
> (1) how can I fix it ?

Please look which messages are printed to the messagewindow while generating.
please use "options->kdevelop setup->documentation->update" and not the setup
to get this informations.

> (2) is this caused by the kdoc program ?

maybe, please try to generate the kdelibs documentation manualy.

> (3) why not put all the little programs KDevelop needs +
> KDevelop itself in one tarball ? It took me forever to gather
> all that stuff.

We thought that this isn't a problem, maybe we are wrong at this point.:-( For
instance "my" Linux distribution have ALL needed programs:
kdoc,ktranslator,enscript,glimpse,kdbg,sgmltools and so on.

Ciao!

Sandy