"The KDE-Documentation-Path isn't set correctly." + assorted whinings

root root at spanssys.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 10 21:36:59 BST 1999

i also get this problem and have jusy been living with it...
aside from that i run suse-6 and had to update or install
kdoc,sgmltool,autoconf i think the rest was okay, however i have the png
libs installed but there never detected by the autoconf ? routines and
allways have to traverse the makefiles adding -lpng at the apropreate
point. Having said that i use ms visual c++ at work and to be honest
dislike it mostly for things such as your in a file call up search option
with control-h but having found the first instance of what your looking
for its not possible to scroll you main view up and down the area unless
you first close the search tool. This behaviour is repeated in an
inconsistant manor all through the product.

kdevelop whilst generally following the look and feel does not seem to do
such stupid things.

all in all kdevelop is becomeing a very usable tool, what i cant wait to
see is what it will look like at version 6 hehe
span.