KDevelop for Windows

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Feb 20 17:56:29 GMT 2020

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 20. Februar 2020, 11:06:30 CET schrieb Kevin Funk:
> On Thursday, 20 February 2020 09:48:52 CET Daniel Kats wrote:
> > Yes, I did. But it's the same old version 5.4.2 (Last Update: 28 Sep
> > 2019).
> > Anyway, searching for a way to create an installer, I found the
> > https://binary-factory.kde.org page with an installer for 5.5.0. Now,
> > knowing that a Windows version is still compiled regularly, I'm much more
> > relaxed for the future of KDevelop on Windows. I'm still a bit worried
> > that
> > the nightly version is not compiling since over a month, but hopefully
> > it's
> > just some configuration issue.
>
> The builds actually fail right now, that's why there are no new artifacts.
>
> See for instance:
>   https://binary-factory.kde.org/view/Management/job/
> KDevelop_Nightly_win64/561/console
>
> I'll ping some people who can look at this :)

Fixed now. And renamed from "Nightly" to "Stable", given this "Nightly"
usually means master (at least on binary-factory.kde.org).
So the url is now: https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KDevelop_Stable_win64/

> > Would it be possible to link
> > https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KDevelop_Release_win64/ on the
> > https://www.kdevelop.org/download page such that also Windows users could
> > use the latest KDevelop version?
>
> The Release builder is building the latest release of KDevelop, thus it's
> basically equivalent to what we're uploading to download.kde.org.
>
> It's just that no one uploaded the artifacts for 5.5.0 to download.kde.org
> yet.

Which was because no-one at 5.5.0 release time was around to give that
artifact some testing (no one using Windows? :) ) to see whether it works to
some acceptable degree, besides having passed build :)

Once someone (hint, hint ;) ) confirms it is minimally working, it can be
uploaded.

Cheers
Friedrich