D22424: TextDocument: remove actions from contextmenu on hide already

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 18 12:09:02 BST 2019

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   The other option would have been to release 5.3.3 without a fix for ctags plugin users, rendering it unusable for people relying on packaged kdevelop.

  Erm, aren't you forgetting about my patch which could have been applied to the (EOL!) 5.3 branch? That does the job just as well and would have left time to find a fix for #409858 in time for the next release.

  >   >  But you might mean some other glitch, which I have no idea right now?

  No, that glitch, which for me is just as unacceptable as the glitch your patch fixes. I get it systematically.

  >   > FWIW I got to look at the KTE implementation of the context menu mechanism that is used here. It indeed uses and reuses a single QMenu instance (there's even a comment in the code about that).
  >
  >   Please give links into the code, as I am lost what you exactly refer to here.

  see the source of `KTextEditor::ViewPrivate::contextMenu()`. The ctx menu is in fact managed by KXMLGUI.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D22424