FYI: please file review requests on gitlab now

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 10:30:36 GMT 2019

On Monday January 28 2019 11:09:14 Milian Wolff wrote:

>Learn git, don't live in the past with manual patch management. Seriously.

I use git to maintain my patches but that's where it ends.  Having a branch for each individual patch plus one where they are all applied is not maintainable and way too brittle.

Just accept the fact that everyone has a workflow of his/her own - and the fact I work with non-committed patches isn't so exceptional in KDE land judging from exchanges I've had with the KDE RB/Phab maintainer(s).

Maybe try your hand at maintaining more than a handful of packages for a distribution which all require some amount of patching for several reasons that cannot all be addressed upstream, at once. Then come back and we'll talk more about this.