What is a better way to initialize KDevelop on Windows?

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Tue Jan 22 08:24:17 GMT 2019

Hi,

On Monday, 21 January 2019 22:44:49 CET Πέτρος Σιλιγκούνας wrote:
> Now, I want to start KDevelop on Windows without this ugly cli to enter the
> architecture. I would like something like a QComboBox on a window, with a
> list of possible architectures to choose.

Something like this would be great to have! I think it is one of the big
issues to be solved to make KDevelop a viable product on Windows.

I would recommend to look at how e.g. QtCreator solves this issue. They have a
kit management dialog, and you can manage kits and for each project select a
kit. Maybe for the start a few presets and the option to set up the
environment by running a custom batch script might already be a big step
forward.

The "select one on startup" "solution" is an ungly hack.

Best,
Sven