D16203: Context browser: fix handleRect for non-symbol tooltips

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 17 18:15:50 BST 2018

kossebau added a subscriber: kfunk.
kossebau added a comment.

  In D16203#344806 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16203#344806>, @brauch wrote:

  > I'm not a huge fan of tuples either, for the reason you mentioned; I usually just create a two-element struct instead. In this case I think it's fairly obvious what the elements do from the types, though; the QPair<int, int> is worse ;)

  And then there is also the current(?) overhead in C++ to destruct the returned tuple on the caller side, where one would like to reference a tuple element as variable a few more times.
  Not sure if it was Rust, but some language I once played with made on the fly-created tuples a very sane thing to use, especially returning them from methods (giving better clue to code reader what values are really returned to the caller). But in C++ I have yet to learn if newer standards improved things syntactically :)

  > Up to you how you do this, I just wanted to point out that it is done differently in two similar places.

  Would then prefer the first version. Also because it is less code.

  @kfunk Having my big "Push" button polished now and wired up to this patch (and the related kdev-php one), just waiting for your okay then :)

  > Thank you for your work!

  Thank you for review work :)

REPOSITORY