D16203: Context browser: fix handleRect for non-symbol tooltips

Sven Brauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 17 16:51:06 BST 2018

brauch added a comment.

  I think the change conceptually makes sense, and I am subconsciously aware of the bug it is trying to fix. If you say it works for you, it should be fine.

  It is a binary- and source-incompatible change for plugins though. Did you check whether the potentially affected plugins need source changes?

  It's not great style to do such a change so shortly before the release from the release management point of view, but since realistically there exist no external plugins, we probably shouldn't worry too much about that ...

INLINE COMMENTS

> contextbrowser.cpp:556
>
> -QWidget* ContextBrowserPlugin::navigationWidgetForPosition(KTextEditor::View* view, KTextEditor::Cursor position)
> +QWidget* ContextBrowserPlugin::navigationWidgetForPosition(KTextEditor::View* view, KTextEditor::Cursor position,
> +                                                           KTextEditor::Range& itemRange)

In the API, you return a tuple for this use case, here you use a return argument instead. I think you should return a tuple here as well.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16203