D16915: Disable plugin project config if project without a IBuildSystemManager dep

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 20 00:47:30 GMT 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D16915#362737 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16915#362737>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > >   Not supported, since in your case KDevelop simply does not know a compile_commands.json exist,
  >
  > Not KDevelop, but last time I looked the clazy plugin accesses and processes the file directly, and it worked just fine with a compile_commands.json file generated with `compiledb`. So maybe less "not supported" than you thought :)

  That must have been magic code then, quick, try to catch it, we all want that ;)

  As for the clazy plugin to be able to locate the very compile_commands.json file for accessing, it needs to have a clue where it is located in the filesystem, non? Which usually is the toplevel of the build directory is, and that could be anywhere the user as the user was fancy.

  Cmp. the constructor of JobParameters: https://phabricator.kde.org/source/kdevelop/browse/master/plugins/clazy/jobparameters.cpp$144

  And yes, for the future we perhaps might want to extend the config UI to allow the user explicitly setting the location of the compilation database, in case there is no support by the buildsystem manager plugin used with the project.
  This patch here was just for fixing the referenced crash in 5.3 without changing the UI and doing other bigger principal changes.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16915