D16915: Disable plugin project config if project without a IBuildSystemManager dep

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 20 08:40:37 GMT 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   That must have been magic code then, quick, try to catch it, we all want that ;)

  Absolutely no coding involved, you must have misread me.

  >   As for the clazy plugin to be able to locate the very compile_commands.json file for accessing, it needs to have a clue where it is located in the filesystem, non?

  Yes, evidently the plugin expects (expected?) that file to be at the location where the cmake plugin puts it (*), i.e. alongside the CMakeCache.txt file.

  *) not during the initial project import in cmake server mode, apparently, though that does create the CMakeCache.txt file. OT here but I've had some other issues with that.

  >   And yes, for the future we perhaps might want to extend the config UI to allow the user explicitly setting the location of the compilation database

  Even I see no need for that. Top of the build directory should be fine, so that a full build reset is just deleting that directory.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16915