D16915: Disable plugin project config if project without a IBuildSystemManager dep

René J.V. Bertin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Nov 20 00:20:36 GMT 2018

rjvbb added a comment.

  >   Not supported, since in your case KDevelop simply does not know a compile_commands.json exist,

  Not KDevelop, but last time I looked the clazy plugin accesses and processes the file directly, and it worked just fine with a compile_commands.json file generated with `compiledb`. So maybe less "not supported" than you thought :)

  >   I'm not sure how your (very special) use-case can be addressed.

  I'm not sure if it's so very special at all. There are at least 2 utilities that create a compile_commands database from a Makefile, including the aforementioned `compiledb`. They do that by wrapping `make` and analysing the output, so it's trivial to integrate them. Just set the make command to `compiledb make`, basically.

  > Would also help realizing idea 2 of https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdevelop/2018-October/019723.html.

  I also posted about something like this at about the same time ("compiledb-generator and the generic Makefile proj.manager"). Francis Herne replied about a patch he'd written for someone, possibly the author of that 019723.html post.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16915