D16915: Disable plugin project config if project without a IBuildSystemManager dep

Kevin Funk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 23:21:14 GMT 2018

kfunk added a comment.

  In D16915#360852 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16915#360852>, @rjvbb wrote:

  > I'm late to this party, but what about projects where the user generates the missing compile_commands.json file manually, e.g. via the `compiledb` utility? Does this change mean clazy analysis is now possible only for projects where you do NOT need to generate that json file by hand?

  Not supported, since in your case KDevelop simply does not know a compile_commands.json exist, where it is located to begin with, etc.. It usually only knows that by leveraging `IBuildSystemManager` infrastructure.

  I'm not sure how your (very special) use-case can be addressed. Either way, we'll need to find a way to go through `IBuildSystemManager`. Maybe we're going to need a build manager plugin which is only fed by a compile_commands.json, nothing else. Would also help realizing idea 2 of https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kdevelop/2018-October/019723.html.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16915