D14432: Appwizard plugin. Add more repository information in the project file.

Gleb Popov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 22 11:38:29 BST 2018

arrowd added a comment.

  In D14432#313275 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14432#313275>, @kossebau wrote:

  > IMHO we should change the code then to allow the respective vcs plugin used for the new project to write any additional data it wants/needs to store in the config, instead of this generic writing which is only currently needed for one system. No idea yet how this could be done, not looked at the code, just speaking in principle.

  Like this? https://bitbucket.org/arrowd/kdevelop-haskell/src/fe31614f904547ab3f9f36fd87a9915c52d9c6d9/haskellutils.cpp?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#haskellutils.cpp-87

  There is more declarative approach to this using `.kcfg` files: https://bitbucket.org/arrowd/kdevelop-haskell/src/fe31614f904547ab3f9f36fd87a9915c52d9c6d9/projectsettings.kcfg?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default
  which can be used like this: https://bitbucket.org/arrowd/kdevelop-haskell/src/fe31614f904547ab3f9f36fd87a9915c52d9c6d9/haskellsupport.cpp?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#haskellsupport.cpp-121

INLINE COMMENTS

> appwizardplugin.cpp:406
>      developerProjectGroup.writeEntry("VersionControlSupport", info.vcsPluginName);
> +    developerProjectGroup.writeEntry("RepositoryServer", info.repository.repositoryServer());
> +    developerProjectGroup.writeEntry("RepositoryUser", info.repository.userData().toString());

Not a request, just suggestion. How about renaming "Repository" to "VersionControl", so that these fields names are more aligned with each other.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14432