D14432: Appwizard plugin. Add more repository information in the project file.

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 22 10:45:18 BST 2018

kossebau added a comment.

  In D14432#313027 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14432#313027>, @volden wrote:

  > Perforce clients can access that metadata in two ways.
  >
  > 1. from a file in the local repository. Usually that file is called p4config.txt, but it can be named to whatever (Decided by the environment var P4CONFIG).
  > 2. By environment vars, for example the Repository server URL is stored in P4PORT.
  >
  >   Perforce Plugin in its current form can only work with option 1.
  >
  >   However, we have users for which option 1 is a no-go. So my plan is to make the Plugin work in both scenarios. Therefore I need somewhere to persist those settings if the user is not using option 1

  I see, thanks. IMHO we should change the code then to allow the respective vcs plugin used for the new project to write any additional data it wants/needs to store in the config, instead of this generic writing which is only currently needed for one system. No idea yet how this could be done, not looked at the code, just speaking in principle.

REPOSITORY
  R32 KDevelop

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14432